- Ko Hee-Jeong
- 성명 Ko Hee-Jeong
- 직위 Professor
- 학과 Linguistics
- 전공 Syntax
- 이메일 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 연락처 +82-2-880-6172
Prof. Heejeong Ko is interested in Formal syntax, Interface Phenomenon between syntax and semantics, and East Asian Linguistics. She is also doing a research on Language Acquisition and Psycolinguistics.
- Ph.D., Linguistics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005.
- M.A., Foreign Language Education, Seoul National University, 2000.
- B.A., English Language Education, Seoul National University, 1998.
- Appointed at Seoul National University, 2007.
- Assistant Professor, SUNY Stony Brook, 2005-2006.
Publications in Western Languages
- "Multiple Case Marking as Case Sharing: Adverbial vs. Adnominal Case," in NELS 38 Proceedings, volume II (The Graduate Linguistic Student Association at the University of Massachusetts, 2009), pp. 15-26.
- "L2-Acquisition of English Articles by Korean Speakers" (3 co-authored), in Handbook of East Asian Psycholinguistics, Volume III: Korean, ed. Chungmin Lee, Greg B. Simpson, and Youngjin Kim (Cambridge University Press, 2009), pp. 286-304.
- "Object Scrambling and Specificity in Bilingual Ukrainian-English Acquisition (2 co-authored)", in FASL 16 Proceedings, ed. Andrei Antonenko, John Bailyn, and Christina Bethin (Michigan Slavic Publications, 2008), pp. 297-312.
- "Semantic Universals and Variation in L2 Article Choice (4 co-authored)", in Proceedings of the 9th Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition Conference (GASLA 2007), ed. Roumyana Slabakova, Jason Rothman, Paula Kempchinsky, and Elena Gavruseva (Cascadilla Proceedings Project, 2008), pp. 118-129.
- "Acquisition of Object Scrambling by Bilingual Ukrainian Children: The Role of Specificity (2 co-authored)", in Proceedings of the 9th Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition Conference (GASLA 2007), ed. Roumyana Slabakova, Jason Rothman, Paula Kempchinsky, and Elena Gavruseva (Cascadilla Proceedings Project, 2008), pp. 140-154.
- "Object Scrambling on the Edge: Evidence for VP as a Spell-out Domain," in Proceedings of the 26th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics, ed. Charles B. Chang and Hannah J. Haynie (Cascadilla Proceedings Project, 2008), pp. 340-347.
- "Subject Scrambling," Japanese/Korean Linguistics 13 (2008), pp. 193-206.
- "Asymmetries in Scrambling and Cyclic Linearization," Linguistic Inquiry 38 (2007), pp. 43-83.
- "The Role of Semantic Features in the Acquisition of English Articles by Russian and Korean speaker (3 co-authored)", in The Role of Formal Features in Second Language Acquisition, ed. J. M. Liceras et al. (Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2007), pp. 226-269.
- "On the Structural Height of Reason wh-Adverbials: Acquisition and Consequences," in Wh-Movement Moving On,ed. L. Cheng and N. Corver (MIT Press, 2006), pp. 319-349.
- "Base-output Correspondence in Korean Nominal Inflection," Journal of East Asian Linguistics 15 (2006), pp. 195-243.
- "Syntax of why-in-situ: Merge into [Spec,CP] in the Overt Syntax," Natural Language and Linguistics Theory 23 (2005), pp. 867-916.
Publications in Korean (with titles in English translation)
- "Multiple Case Sharing and Syntactic Structure," 『생성문법연구』 19(2009), pp. 423-451.
- "A Numeral Classifier on the Edge: Evidence from Japanese," 『언어학』 51(2008), pp. 3-28.
- "Rigid Edges in Syntax: Evidence from vP and VP," 『생성문법연구』 17(2007), pp. 435-456.
- Language and Linguistics (spring 2007, spring 2008, spring 2009)
- Syntax (fall 2007, fall 2008, fall 2009)
- Methodology in Cognitive Science: Topics in Methodology (fall 2007)
- Studies in Syntax 1 (fall 2007, fall 2008, fall 2009)
- Studies in Syntax 2 (spring 2007, spring 2008, spring 2009)
- Reading and Research (2007-2009)