- Kang Woo-Sung
- American literature, critical theories
- 성명 Kang Woo-Sung
- 직위 Professor
- 학과 English Language and Literature
- 전공 American literature, critical theories
- 이메일 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 연락처 +82-2-880-6096
American literature, critical theories
- Ph.D., English Language and Literature, State University of New York, Buffalo, 2002.
- Ph.D. course completed, English Language and Literature, Seoul National University, 1995.
- M.A., English Language and Literature, Seoul National University, 1993.
- B.A., English Language and Literature, Seoul National University, 1990.
- Appointed at Seoul National University, 2008.
- Executive Editor,『안과밖』, 2008-2009.
- Professor, Hansung University, 2003-2008.
Selected Publications in Korean (with titles in English Translation)
- "In Search of a Path of the Literary in the Woods of Theories," In/Out: English Studies in Korea 28 (Spring, 2010)
- "American Exceptionalism as Fantasy: Beyond the Belief in 'Essential Goodness,'" American Studies 32 (Winter, 2009)
- "Dream of a Failed Immigrant: Hector St. John de Crevecouer's Letters from an American Farmer," Journal of English Studies 16 (Summer, 2009)
- "A Thought on Theoreticality of the Theory," Kritika 3 (July, 2009)
- Literary History of American Literature, KNOU Press, 2008.
- "The Logic of Parergon: Derrida and Painting," Journal of English Studies in Korea 14 (Spring, 2008)
- "Bildungsroman without Bildung : Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography and the Origin of the Puritan Individual" British and American Fiction 15 (Spring, 2008)
- "Repressed Racial Fear: American Culture and the Ideologization of Korean War," American Studies 30 (Winter, 2007)
- "Ideologies of American Universalism: A Theoretical Examination," The Journal of American Studies 39 (Spring, 2007)
- "Catching Reality in Its Tissue: Henry James and the Lesson of Hawthorne," Studies in Modern Fiction 14 (Spring, 2007)
- "After Literature: Derridean Deconstruction and the Literary Theories of America," The Journal of Criticism and Theory 11 (Spring, 2006)
- "The Alliance of Differance and the Fate of Deconstruction: Re-reading Derrida’s Specters of Marx," In/Out: English Studies in Korea 18 (Spring, 2005)
- "American Newness as a Work of Renewal: Emerson’s Philosophy of Literature," American Studies in Korea 37 (Summer, 2005)
- "The Metaphysics of Paralogy: Lyotard’s Postmodern Sublime," Criticism and Theory 8 (Winter, 2004)
- The Birth of a Style: Emerson and the Writing of the Moment in the American Renaissance, SNU Press, 2003.
- "Literature, Post-textually Speaking: Aesthetic Repression of the Literary in American Pragmatism," Journal of English Studies in Korea 5 (Fall, 2003)
- "Deconstruction and the Question of Literature," Literary Community 34 (Fall, 2003)
- "The Question of Fictionality: Emerson’s Elective Affinity with American Pragmatism," Journal of English Studies in Korea 3 (Fall, 2002)
- "'American Renaissance' and the Americanness of American Literature," In/Out: English Studies in Korea 14 (Spring, 2003)
- "A Possibility of American Writing: Reading Emerson’s 'Experience'(1844)," In/Out: English Studies in Korea 13 (Fall, 2002)
- Tom Engelhardt, Mission Unaccomplished: Tomdispatch Interviews with American Iconoclasts and Dissenters, Changbi Publishers, 2008.
- Michael Payne and John Schad, ed. Life. After. Theory, Minumsa, 2007.