- Jun Jong-Ho
- Name Jun Jong-Ho
- Position Professor
- Dept. Linguistics
- Major Phonology
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact +82-2-880-6169
Prof. Jongho Jun's main areas of research is phonology; he is also interested in the sub-categories of linguistics connected to phonology. Mainly, he has been doing phonological analysis based on phnetics by Optimality theory. He is recently focused on the acquisition of morphology.
- Ph.D., Linguistics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1995.
- M.A., Linguistics, Seoul National University, 1987.
- B.A., Linguistics, Seoul National University, 1985.
- Appointed at Seoul National University, 2005.
- Exchange Professor, University of California, Los Angeles, 2001-2002.
- Professor, English Language and Literature, Yeungnam University, 1995-2004.
Publications in Western Languages
- "Language universals in human brains," (5 co-authored) Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) 105 (2008), pp. 5321-5325.
- "Perception-based asymmetries in place assimilation and lenition," in Asymmetries in Phonology: An East-Asian Perspective, ed. Haruo Kubozono (Kurosio Publishers, 2008), pp.5-26.
- "The prosodic structure of Northern Kyungsang Korean," (4 co-authored) Journal of East Asian Linguistics 15 (2006), pp. 289-317.
- "Place assimilation," in Phonetically Based Phonology, ed. B. Hayes, R. Kirchner and D. Steriade (Cambridge University Press, 2004), pp. 58-86.
Undergraduate: General Education
- Freshman Seminars (spring & fall 2009)
- Seminar in Linguistics 1 (spring 2007, spring 2009)
- Phonology (fall 2007, fall 2008, fall 2009)
- Morphology (2008A)
- Studies in Phonology 1 (spring 2007, spring 2008, spring 2009)
- Studies in Phonology 2 (fall 2008)
- Seminar in Phonology: Phonetics-Phonology Interface (fall 2007, fall 2009)
- Reading and Research (2007-2009)