- Cho Nancy Jiwon
- British Women's Writing, The English Hymn
- Name Cho Nancy Jiwon
- Position Associate Professor
- Dept. English Language and Literature
- Major British Women's Writing, The English Hymn
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact +82-2-880-6099
British Women's Writing and Religion, 1750-1950,
British Women's Poetry of the Romantic and Victorian Eras,
The English Hymn,
Romantic-era Prophetic Writing.
- Ph.D., English Studies, Durham University, UK, 2007.
- M.A., English, King's College London, 2001.
- B.A., English Literature and Language, Royal Holloway, University of London, 1999.
- Appointed at Seoul National University, 2012.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of English Language and Literature, Seoul National University, 2010-2011
- Panacea Society-funded Postdoctoral Research Fellow in English at Nottingham Trent University, UK, 2008-2010.
- Undergraduate Teacher, Department of English, Durham University, UK, 2004-2008.
Publications in Western Languages
- " ‘Rise, and Take the Gospel Message […] Far away to India's Daughters’: The Bicultural Christian Poetics of Ellen Lakshmi Goreh (1853-1937), a Victorian-Era British Asian Transracial Adoptee," Asian Women, 27-3 (2011), pp. 1-31
- " ‘Martyrs of England! Standing on High!’: Roman Catholic Women’s Hymn-writing for the Re-invigoration of the Faith in England, 1850-1903," in Laurence Lux-Stennitt and Carmen Mangion eds., Gender, Spirituality and Catholicism in Europe: Women and the Roman Catholic Church in Britain and Europe, 1200-1900 (Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010), pp. 131-148.
- "William Blake's Meeting with Dorothy Gott: The Female Origins of Blake’s Prophetic Mode," Romanticism, 16-1 (2010), pp. 60-71 (co-authored with David Worrall).
- " ‘Songs in the Night. By A Young Woman Under Heavy Affliction’: The Liminal Spiritual Identity of Susanna Harrison (1752-1784)," in Arthur Bradley, Jo Carruthers, and Andrew Tate eds., Spiritual Identities: Literature and the Post-Secular Imagination(Bern: Peter Lang, 2010), pp. 30-47.
- "Prophylactic, Anti-Paedophile Hymn-Writing in Colonial India: An Introduction to Amy Carmichael (1867-1951) and her Missionary Writings," Modern Language Review, 104-2 (2009), pp. 353-374.
- "Gender and Authority in British Women Hymn-Writers' Use of Metre, 1760-1900," Literature Compass, 6-2 (2009), pp. 540-548.
- "Anne Steele's Fiancé," British Journal for Eighteenth-Century Studies, 28-1 (2005), pp. 117-121 (co-authored with J. R. Watson).
Undergraduate: General Education
- Advanced English: Understanding English Culture (spring 2012)
- Topics in English and American Literature (spring 2012)
- English Writing (fall 2012)
- 17th- and 18th-Century English Poetry (fall 2012)
- Dissertation Research (2012)