- Vermeersch, Sem
- History of Goryeo Buddhism and East Asian Buddhism
- Name Vermeersch, Sem
- Position Associate Professor
- Dept. Religious Studies
- Major History of Goryeo Buddhism and East Asian Buddhism
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact +82-2-880-4038
- History of Goryeo Buddhism, history of East Asian Buddhism
- Ph.D., History of Korean Buddhism, SOAS(School of Oriental and African Studies), University of London, 2001.
- M.A., Korean Studies, SOAS(School of Oriental and African Studies), University of London, 1996.
- B.A. Eastern Language and Culture, University of Ghent, 1990.
Appointed at Seoul National University, 2008.
- Researcher, Kyujanggak Institute for Korean Studies, SNU, 2007-2008.
- Visiting Faculty, Keimyung University, 2005-2007.
- Researcher, Academia Koreana, Keimyung University, 2003-2005.
- The Power of the Buddhas: The Politics of Buddhism during the Koryo Dynasty (918-1392), Boston: Harvard University Press, 2008.
- The Smile of Buddha: 1600 Years of Buddhist Art in Korea (co-authored), Brussels: Centre for Fine Arts, 2008.
- 「삼국유사와 민족사 - 지역 서사에서 민족적 아이콘으로」, 『코기토』 66(2009), pp. 179-202.
- "The Eminent Kory Monk: Stelae Inscriptions as Sources for the Lives and Careers of Kory Monks," Seoul Journal of Korean Studies 20 (2007), pp. 1-33.
- "Buddhism at the Center: The Temple of Kaesong and their Socio-Polotocal Role," Acta Koreana 7-2 (2004), pp. 7-34.
- "Buddhism and State Building in Song China and Goryeo Korea," Asia-Pacific: Perspectives 5-1 (2004), pp. 4-11.
- "The Status of Monks: State Regulations concerning Buddhist Monks in the Koryo Dynasty," Buddhist Studies Review 20-2 (2003), pp. 145-168.
- "Representation of the Ruler in Buddhist Inscriptions of Early Koryo," Korean Studies 26-2 (2002), pp. 216-250.
- Buddhism in Korea (fall 2009)
- Studies Buddhism in Korea (spring 2009)
- Religions in Korea (spring 2009)
- Reading and Research (2009)