Parking in the Campus
Seoul National University provides parking spaces on campus. Visitors should pay parking fees and long-term parking permit tags are available to SNU staff or students enrolled in a doctoral program.
Parking for Visitors
Visitors must obtain a parking ticket from booth A, B or C located on the map when entering the campus. Visitors should pay the parking fee as recorded on the parking ticket on their way out.
Visitor’s Parking Fee
The parking rate is 1,500 won for the first 30 minutes and 300 won for every additional 10 minutes.
A flat rate for one-day parking (24 hours) is 40,000 won.
A 50% discount rate is applied to vehicles under 500cc.
Vehicles entering and exiting through the same gate within 15 minutes are exempted from the charge.
Vehicles attending official events held by the University are exempted from the charge.
The attendees of conferences, seminars or academic meetings may get a discount parking ticket purchased and distributed in advance by the holder of the events.
Taxis and vehicles carrying a disabled person are at all times exempted from the charge.
Parking Fee Exemption
Parking fees are not charged for the following vehicles driving onto the campus grounds.
- Public transportation including taxis,
- Public vehicles for mail delivery, garbage collection, etc.
- Vehicles being used for construction work on campus
Discount Parking Tickets
Discount parking tickets can be given to visitors coming to attend events, seminars, conferences, etc. held on campus
- They must be purchased in advance by the holder of the event and distributed to visitors with an application and the schedule/brochure of the event. Individual purchases are permitted for those who are visiting construction sites, coming to perform repair work or to distribute supplies, or attending wedding ceremonies held on campus.
Discount tickets can be purchased at the Parking Management Office (Tel: 02-880-8120) located next to booth A.
Price of Discount Parking Tickets
4 hour free ticket: 1,000 won
8 hour free ticket: 2,000 won
All day free ticket: 4,000 won
Free Parking Tickets
Free parking tickets can be given to foreign guests, those coming for an examination of a thesis or dissertation,
friends and family of a student attending the university, and other visitors.
- They must be purchased in advance by the holder of the event and distributed to the visitors. Individual purchases are not allowed.
- They can be purchased at the Management Office (Tel: 02-880-5132) located on the 3rd floor of the Administration Building (Bldg. 60).
- Holders of the tickets must pay cash if they exceed the allowed parking time. No cash will be refunded even if there are minutes left on the ticket.
- Price of Discount Parking Tickets
1 hour free ticket: 2,400 won
4 hour free ticket: 4,800 won
Long-Term Parking Permit
The long-term parking permit (for 6 years) is restricted to professors, instructors, assistants, students in a doctoral program, graduate students living on campus (enrolled in a master’s program), research staff, and trainees of Seoul National University.
Parking Rates and Fees (KRW)
|Applies to||Parking Lot Fee (KRW)||Parking Tag Fee (KRW)||Parking Area|
|Faculty||10,000/mo.||Exempted||Inside the |
|10,000/mo.||60,000||Inside the |
|Exempted||60,000||Inside the |
research faculty, trainees
* 20,000 will be refunded within
2 months into the semester
* 20,000 to be charged
4 months into the semester
|60,000||Along the campus
Applicants for the parking permit must submit the application form and the required documents to the Parking Management Office (Bldg 60, 880-5568) from September 3rd to get a parking tag.
The parking tag should be returned to the Parking Management Office within 10 days of the expiration date along with its case and a Parking Tag Refund Request Form. In the case that a parking tag is returned before the expiration date, a partial refund will be made according to the period of use.
|Refund information according to the period of use (KRW)||Remarks|
|1 year||1~2 years||2~3 years||3~4year||4~5 years||Over
|Amount of Refund||50,000||40,000||30,000||20,000||10,000||0||Tags are valid for six (6) years|
Download Parking Tag Application Form and Parking Tag Refund Request Form.